Depending on the plan selected, our service options include all or some of the following:
- Initial interview with the student and family.
- Detailed intake assessment to determine each student’s academic and personal strengths, challenges and interests.
- Preparation of a comprehensive list of appropriate colleges and universities for the student to explore.
- Guidance in further investigation of these schools, including advising about campus visits and interviews.
- Provide ongoing advisement regarding high school course work, suggestions regarding standardized tests and extracurricular activities.
- Oversight and assistance in completing application forms and meeting all deadlines.
- Coaching on the college essay, from brainstorming initial ideas through revisions to a final draft.
- Help in final school selection from the list of colleges to which the student has been accepted.
Customized Hourly Consultation
College Link Consulting is available for hourly consultation services and offers focused information and advice about specific topics. You choose the focus from such topics as college applications, essay feedback, interview preparation, college visits and other college-related needs. This service is available by the hour, or in blocks of four hours. If needed, additional blocks or individual hours may be added.
Early Start – Freshman and/or Sophomore
This option includes a review of high school academic record and accomplishments, guidance on course selection, suggestions on summer activities and extracurricular programs, testing discussion and recommendations, advice on how to get the most out of high school and preliminary discussions on criteria for college selection.
The College List – Junior/Senior Year
At this important time, College Link Consulting will help by reviewing the student’s high school academic record and accomplishments, providing guidance on course selection and suggest summer activities and extracurricular programs. In addition, we will discuss testing and offer recommendations (e.g., SAT or ACT, SAT II, when to schedule, is test prep necessary, etc.). We will review student and parent preferences based on academic, social and financial aspirations and requirements and work with the student to prepare a list of potential colleges to apply to. We will then provide advice on college visits and prepare of list of “best fit” colleges for the student.
Comprehensive Package – List, Application and Essay Assistance
This option includes all offerings in The College List – Junior/Senior Year, PLUS timeline development and adherence, essay planning and idea development, essay editing, guidance and review of applications, advice on interviewing, a financial aid overview (e.g. FAFSA) and help with final selection when acceptances are received.
Senior Package – Applications and Essays
This option is normally for seniors who need assistance with the applications and essays after their college list is prepared. It includes timeline development and adherence, essay planning and idea development, essay editing and guidance and review of applications.
For more information, as well as current prices, please contact us.